Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Chang Mai experience

Just a very quick entry to update the blog about my time in the North of Thailand. I'm currently in Chang Mai, in the north of Thailand and have just come back from a 3-day trek north of the city. A guided trek, which I normally avoid like the plague, and it wasn't particularly onerous with only 2-3 hours walking each day. But you did get to go bamboo rafting and elephant riding, both of which were cool, and we were staying in some of the remote villages with locals from the various hill tribes. No electricity, no running water, no flush toilet - but beautiful location and very friendly locals. The pictures below are from the village we stayed at on the second night, where we had a camp fire with some of the guys from the village. Worth visiting Thailand just for that...

Only a week to go now before I head back to London - where has the time gone!?!


3 Comments:

At 1:31 pm, Blogger Scott McLean said...

Hi! That must be a fun time there. I was in Bangkok a little over a year ago. Have a great 2007! Take care.

 
At 1:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has the bloke in the top picture just farted? That green curry must have been a right sort.

 
At 6:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm even more jealous now. I thought the Thailand part of your trip was going to be sitting around on a beach, which sounded fairly boring to me, whereas trekking from Chiang Mai was one of the best things I did there. Please bring me a bit of Thailand back with you.

As for coming back to Britain, we'll try to make your return so much fun you won't remember you've been away.

Sheila

 

Post a Comment

<< Home