Monday, November 13, 2006

Sunday the 12th

Having said I wasn't going to give a blow-by-blow account of what I did, I wanted to upload a few images from Sunday 12th as it was a pretty cool day. I started in the morning by strapping on some crampons to walk on the top of the Fox glacier, before driving down the coast in beautiful sunshine and heading inland and hitting the Southern Alps and Lake Wanaka. It was one of those journeys where you don't really know where you are going, and so have no expectations about what you will see and then getting blown away when you get there. Everybody had been on to me about how beautiful the South Island was, but having been here a week I hadn't seen anything to justify this. After this journey I'm beginning to get it...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home